It’s peace of mind, it’s just like ringing a friend and knowing they are there for you plus they know all the answers.
Being a member of the SDA is important because I'm not good at speaking up so I need assitance to help negotiate on my behalf.
I appreciate the unions work they are currently doing with the 18+ campaign. I'm doing the same job as an adult and in every other aspect at age 18 I can do all the adult things but I can't get paid a
When people join together and be part of the union we are helping each other have support and rules for work, I dont want to be the one standing alone!
SDA services & discounts
It is one of the SDA’s primary goals to negotiate every wage rise you receive from your employer as well as providing:
- Industrial advice and representation at Fair Work from the SDA’s industrial team
- WorkCover representation for workers' compensation matters
- Workplace Health & Safety services
- Enterprise Bargaining
- Recovery of unpaid / underpaid wages
- Assistance with Occupational Health and Safety
- Protection Against Sexual Harassment and Discrimination
- Protection Against Unfair Dismissal
- Free SDA Discount Card
- Discount Health Care
- Discount Optical
- Discount Movie Tickets
- Discount Entertainment
With your SDA membership, you also receive a Member Benefits Card.
This card entitles you to a range of discounts and special offers.
- Low Cost Home Loans
- Low Cost Credit Cards
- Free Textbook Scholarships
- Free Union Magazine
- Free Training Seminars
- Free Union Publications
Free Advisory Services
- Free Superannuation Assistance
- Free Workers' Compensation Help & Advice
- Health & Safety Advice
- SDA Women’s Officer
- Free First Legal Consultation