S – Someone to help when things aren’t right D –Doing a great job getting the best deal for members A – And lots of fun, games, competitions and discounts!!
The SDA is always working at getting the best and safest conditions for you and if something goes wrong they are there for you.
I think the question should be this: Why should somebody not join the SDA? That list would be short.
Free advice, assistance when required, negotiators improving my working conditions, discount vouchers and competitions - why wouldnt you be a member??
SDA services & discounts
It is one of the SDA’s primary goals to negotiate every wage rise you receive from your employer as well as providing:
- Industrial advice and representation at Fair Work from the SDA’s industrial team
- WorkCover representation for workers' compensation matters
- Workplace Health & Safety services
- Enterprise Bargaining
- Recovery of unpaid / underpaid wages
- Assistance with Occupational Health and Safety
- Protection Against Sexual Harassment and Discrimination
- Protection Against Unfair Dismissal
- Free SDA Discount Card
- Discount Health Care
- Discount Optical
- Discount Movie Tickets
- Discount Entertainment
With your SDA membership, you also receive a Member Benefits Card.
This card entitles you to a range of discounts and special offers.
- Low Cost Home Loans
- Low Cost Credit Cards
- Free Textbook Scholarships
- Free Union Magazine
- Free Training Seminars
- Free Union Publications
Free Advisory Services
- Free Superannuation Assistance
- Free Workers' Compensation Help & Advice
- Health & Safety Advice
- SDA Women’s Officer
- Free First Legal Consultation