Being a member of the SDA is important because I'm not good at speaking up so I need assitance to help negotiate on my behalf.
Great service, great knowledge of workplace policies and procedures, free Legal advice, great value for money. These are just some of the benefits, why wouldn’t you want to join?
With the upcoming EBA negotiations it's great to have someone pushing our company for better conditions in my workplace.
For us members the organisers are there to help us if we have problems to work through it with the management, then I know exactly what my rights are and that they are being protected
- SDA National Office - www.sda.org.au
- Fair Work Commission - www.fwc.gov.au
- Fair Work Ombudsman - www.fairwork.gov.au
- WA Labour Relations - www.commerce.wa.gov.au/labour-relations
- WorkSafe WA - www.commerce.wa.gov.au/worksafe
- WorkCover WA - www.workcover.wa.gov.au
- WA Industrial Relations Commission - www.wairc.wa.gov.au
- Australian Council of Trade Unions - www.actu.org.au
- Unions WA - www.unionswa.com.au
Other sites of interest:
- Australian Labor Party - www.walabor.org.au
- REST Industry Super - www.rest.com.au
- nib Health Insurance - www.nib.com.au
- Frequent Values - www.sdawa.frequent-values.com.au
- ME (Bank) – www.mebank.com.au
- WA Opticians - www.waopticians.com.au
- UNI Global Union - www.uniglobalunion.org
- 24-Seven Helpline Supporting 7-11 Workers - 24sevenhelpline.com.au
- ACTU Worksite for Schools free e-book 'First Job Ready' - worksite.actu.org.au/firstjob
- Working Life - workinglife.org.au